Burnside Public School, located in the traditional country of the Dharug people, is set in spacious and attractive grounds. The school community prides itself on providing a happy, caring and friendly environment in a small school atmosphere where all students feel welcome and achieve to the best of their individual abilities. The school enjoys outstanding facilities and resources as a result of the tremendous support and involvement of the community.
The school is committed to providing high quality education to meet the needs of all students. While focussing on the basics, the school has a high standard of academic, creative and sporting achievements.
Burnside Public School Offers:
- A friendly, caring atmosphere for children
- Close student / teacher relationship
- A "small school" environment
- Dedicated, hard working and experienced teachers
- Close relationship with neighbouring schools
- A positive approach to learning
- Motivation provided by praise and awards
- A good "all round" education with emphasis on the basics
- An "open door" approach to parents
- Plenty of scope for parent involvement and participation
- Computers in every classroom
- Large playing fields
- Regular fitness and Crunch & Sip program
- Assembly hall for students and visiting performances
- Well resourced library
- Inter-school sports for Primary students
- Before and After School Care, provided by trained staff, on the school grounds.